[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 with a Stored Procedure that Returns a ref_cur

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Fri Mar 16 11:44:45 EDT 2007

I am using DCOCralce2 with Python 2.41, and Oracle 9.
I have a stored procedure (sp1) that takes 4 IN parameters, with one OUT
parameter.  The OUT parameter is a **ref_cursor** that holds a data set.
I am doing the following:
db = DCOracle2.connection(connectionString)
C1 = db.cursor()
C2 = db.cursor()
#I run the following holding the result into the cursor C2
#since the OUT param is a ref_cur
C2 = C1.sp1(INparam1, INparam2,INparam3,INparam4, ref_cur)

I expect to get a data set
I know there is data when sp1 is run
But I am getting an empty data set when I fetch data via C2 cursor.
Do you have any idea how to make this work when a stored procedure has a
ref_cur OUT parameter?
Thanks,
Maan