[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 with a Stored Procedure that Returns a ref_cur

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Wed Mar 21 04:31:23 EDT 2007

The original issue with stored procedures that return a ref cursor has been
resolved and it is working fine.
As you mention, it was all along:
c2 = c1.procedures.sp1(in1, in2, in3, in4)
I was running into a problem with it, but the problem ended up being not
with the stored procedure, but with the TIMESTAMP data type, as I mention in
another post.  DCOracle2 was crashing with a segmentation fault when one
tries to fetch a record from a non empty dataset returned by c2.
Trying the same thing with DCOracle2 on Windows XP, an actual error message
was received that an unknown data type of type SQLT_TIMESTAMP was
encountered.  This is how I knew that issue was not with a stored procedure
returning a ref cursor but with the TIMESTAMP datatype.
We are using a new database design in Oracle 10g.  The designers chose to
use timestamp instead of date, so the issue arose recently.
Maan