[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 TIMESTAMP DataType Issue

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Wed Mar 21 04:42:04 EDT 2007

(I change title of thread since it is a new subject)
The problem with TIMESTAMP appears on Windows XP professional also which is
a 32-bit system.  This is where I got an actual error message that the
datatype SQLT_TIMESTAMP can not be handled.
On Solaris, I link DCOracle2 against oracle 32-bit libs
(/oracle/10.1.0/product/lib32), but I use it with LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing
to the 64-bit libs (product/lib).  This has been the case since Oracle 8i if
I remember correctly and I never ran into an issue on Solaris or WIndows XP
for this matter, with what I do.
However, my guess is that this got nothing to do with it since error appears
also on Windows XP.
Are you actually fetching timestamp values in your select queries and in
your stored procedures, and it is working fine?
Maan