[Zope-DB] Unified DA for Zope 2 using SQLAlchemy?

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Mar 26 16:38:59 EDT 2007

Am 26.03.2007, 22:31 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:

> That's *exactly* what I am talking about - an *additional* generic DA
> on top of SA  where we don't have to care about the different RDBMS
> flavours - at least not the ones directly supported through SA.

I'm all for an SQLAlchemy DA (does SQLAlchemy support anything other than
PostgreSQL?) and this would help people move from Zope 2 to Zope 3 but it
*cannot* replace the other DA's because of the imperfect nature of SQL and
the even less perfect nature of RDBMs. :-/

Furthermore, there are many occasions where you want the kind of direct
access to a relation you get with the existing DA's.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com