[Zope-dev] preventing acquisition

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 05:26:55 -0400

Robin Becker wrote:

> I have found acquisition useful in several cases, but I would like to
> eliminate it for certain folders
>
> I have
>
> /-index_html
>  |--DOCS/
>  |--IMAGES/
>  |--RUBBISH/
>
> it's useful in DOCS/mydoc_html to refer to IMAGES/myimage.gif, but I
> really don't want RUBBISH/index_html to be available as /DOCS/RUBBISH
>
> Do I have to go through a whole rigmarole of defining roles/users or is
> there some easy way to make RUBBISH non-acquirable?
> --

The index_html method in R could check the roles of the user, and raise
NotFound if you weren't happy about user seeing RUBBISH/.   Any
combination of DTML check could be made before you did a <dtml-raise
NotFound><dtml-zippy></dtml-raise>.   The Zippy tag filling in for an
inciteful error message in this case.

For example (and I actualy checked this, usualy I just make it up):

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
 <dtml-if "'Anonymous' in AUTHENTICATED_USER.getRoles()">
  <dtml-raise NotFound>
   <h2>Your not supposed to be looking at
    <dtml-var "absolute_url()"> </h2>
  </dtml-raise>