[Zope-dev] preventing acquisition

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:41:02 +0100

In article <37A412DF.19C384F7@digicool.com>, Michel Pelletier
<michel@digicool.com> writes
>Robin Becker wrote:
>>
>> I have found acquisition useful in several cases, but I would like to
>> eliminate it for certain folders
>>
>> I have
>>
>> /-index_html
>>  |--DOCS/
>>  |--IMAGES/
>>  |--RUBBISH/
>>
>> it's useful in DOCS/mydoc_html to refer to IMAGES/myimage.gif, but I
>> really don't want RUBBISH/index_html to be available as /DOCS/RUBBISH
>>
>> Do I have to go through a whole rigmarole of defining roles/users or is
>> there some easy way to make RUBBISH non-acquirable?
>> --
>
>The index_html method in R could check the roles of the user, and raise
>NotFound if you weren't happy about user seeing RUBBISH/.   Any
>combination of DTML check could be made before you did a <dtml-raise
>NotFound><dtml-zippy></dtml-raise>.   The Zippy tag filling in for an
>inciteful error message in this case.

this is nice, but it doesn't really answer the question. If I said that
I want /Status/index_html to be valid, but not /DOCS/Status/index_html
this isn't a function of the user at all, but of the absolute URL so I
guess I want to ensure that the document id corresponds to the absolute
URL.

But even though I can check and act on this it isn't the same as making
the /Status folder to be non acquirable.