[Zope-dev] the right way to do wiki in zope ?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
17 Aug 1999 17:25:45 -0700

Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:
> I think that it would be a rather easy Zope application to clone.  In
> fact, it could be done with ZClasses and some clever DTML.  Whose gonna
> take a stab at it?

I'm poking at it. I'll continue, though anyone should feel free to
jump in and code it up.

I'm not yet clear on the right way to do this. To begin, I imagine a
bunch of DTML/structuredtext pages in a zope folder. The page render
method would convert each WikiStyleHyperLink to either a navigation or
page creation link, depending on whether that page exists.

I've been considering:

1. add new ZWiki Document & Method classes - ideally these are like
Formatted Document with WikiHyperlinks added.

2. add some wiki-enabled formats to the Formatted Document class -
structured text + wiki, HTML + wiki, ascii + wiki

But it's probably

3. something much more elegant using the new (to me) class features

Comments, suggestions ?