[Zope-dev] the right way to do wiki in zope ?

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:52:45 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On 17 Aug 1999, Simon Michael wrote:

> I'm not yet clear on the right way to do this. To begin, I imagine a
> bunch of DTML/structuredtext pages in a zope folder. The page render
> method would convert each WikiStyleHyperLink to either a navigation or
> page creation link, depending on whether that page exists.
>
> I've been considering:
>
> 1. add new ZWiki Document & Method classes - ideally these are like
> Formatted Document with WikiHyperlinks added.
>
> 2. add some wiki-enabled formats to the Formatted Document class -
> structured text + wiki, HTML + wiki, ascii + wiki
>
> But it's probably
>
> 3. something much more elegant using the new (to me) class features
>
> Comments, suggestions ?

Yup, first call it ZikiSpace ;)

Then, look at Everything (everything.blockstackers.com) for a simliar
idea.  Here, links are made by surrounding the word in [brackets].  If no
link exists one is created and you are dumped into an edit page mode.

This can be done with a Zclass subclassing DTML Doc.  Then, have a
ZikiSpace folder object which has only one subobject: ZikiBit.

If a given ZikiBit link is not in the ZikiSpace then ZikiSpace calls
ZikiSpace/<ZikiBit/ziki_edit which creates a new ZikiBit in the ZikiSpace.

Finally, disallow DTML & html structures in the ZikiBit.  BTW we could
allow the ZikiSpace Manager to add properties to a given ZikiBit hence,
cataloging them ;)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder