[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Idea: ZTest: Integrated Use-case based web site testin g. testin g.

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:26:16 -0400

I just really want to ring in as being totally opposed to the scheduler
running INSIDE Zope.  The Python interpreter lock is already becoming a
burden in various places, and we've carefully danced around it to keep
performance reasonable.  Additional tasks (which might be VERY CPU
intensive, and heavy on the Python code) would only make this problem worse.

I think a ZClient external application that manipulates the database
directly would be much more interesting, and much lower load on the Zope
process.  This doesn't mean (as I said in another message) that you can't
store the configuration information in Zope, it just means the code path
isn't inside of Zope.

Chris

--
Chris Petrilli