[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Idea: ZTest: Integrated Use-case based web site testin g. testin g.

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:37:39 +0200

At 17:26 27/08/99 , Christopher Petrilli wrote:
>I just really want to ring in as being totally opposed to the scheduler
>running INSIDE Zope.  The Python interpreter lock is already becoming a
>burden in various places, and we've carefully danced around it to keep
>performance reasonable.  Additional tasks (which might be VERY CPU
>intensive, and heavy on the Python code) would only make this problem worse.
>
>I think a ZClient external application that manipulates the database
>directly would be much more interesting, and much lower load on the Zope
>process.  This doesn't mean (as I said in another message) that you can't
>store the configuration information in Zope, it just means the code path
>isn't inside of Zope.
>
>Chris

Hmm... the scheduler itself would be pretty light, and the Events are going
to take a toll on Zope anyway, wether the scheduler is internal or
external, not?

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer