[Zope-dev] Zope & PIL on Win32, not a name clash issue, but it still don't work

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:39:02 -0400

If anyone has PIL working with Zope (any version) on Win32, could you
tell me which PIL modules you installed and where you got your
_tkinker?

I can't even get PIL to work with 1.5.2 from the command line.

If I use last falls PIL win32 binary release, I can get viewer.py to work
from the command line, but this release is 1.5.1b2 based and has it's
own TCL/TK.

If I apply the April Pil win32 patch, the command line viewer shows my
.bmp in black and white...

If I move PIL .py's to Python/lib/PIL, add __init__.py and modify
Image.py as Dragon De Monsyne, I still can't get viewer.py to work with
1.5.2 PythonWin (or command line) because PyImaging...  isn't defined
in my _tkinter.. I'm then using the TK and TCL that came with
PY152.exe

Should I have _tkinter.dll or _tkinker.pyd?

I'm lost.. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937