[Zope-dev] External Methods and adding users

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:32:20 -0600

I wrote a quickie External Method that is called when I add an
individual to a database. It proceeds to create a directory for the
individual, add a UserFolder, add a user to the UserFolder. However, it
attempts to set the user's password to the user's id, and for some
reason, this fails to work. I don't know how to see what password it did
set... When I call _AddUser, or whatever that function is, _doAddUser, I
think maybe, am I supposed to pass an already encrypted password? When I
open the user in the management folder and type the password in
manually, it works perfectly. Please help.

Howard Clinton Shaw III

Howard Clinton Shaw III