[Zope-dev] ZLDAPMethods propsal, input requested

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 22:16:56 -0400

>  That's because they don't exist :-)  As is noted, at some
>  point we will
>  create new tags to deal with LDAP, but we're trying not to polute the
>  name space too badly, and looking at genericising the existing tags.
>  Until then, #var is all you get :-)

For a little more commentary...  :^)

This is a place where we can *really* make some innovations.  Chris
showed me the rather lisp-ish syntax known as LDAP Search Filters --
basically you type 23 open parentheses, some search terms and then 23
closing parens.  :^) .  For those of you familiar with the totally cool
<!--#sqlgroup --> and <!--#sqltest --> tags there seems to be an
interesting correlation between dynamic SQL commands and dynamic LDAP
Search Filters (i.e., dynamic LDAP queries).

IMHO, time will produce more and more directory- enabled/based
applications and a good well-thought implementation of ZLDAP Objects
will help a lot.

Thanks for everyone for your comments and suggestions -- keep 'em
coming!!!!

--Rob