[Zope-dev] zope2.0 requirements.

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 20 May 1999 13:51:03 +0200

At 12:41 20/05/99 , Anthony Baxter wrote:
>ok, I've now got a brief amount of time to take a breath[*], so I'm looking
>at Zope 2. I've been tracking CVS of ZServer and Zope for a while, and
>I've had to add ZODB and ZopeZODB3 to the list of modules I'm checking
>out to make it happy.

If you go down one directory (to the directory that contains the Zope
directory), and do a cvs -z9 checkout Zope (you may have to do a cvs login
first), then it will update your CVS copy with the new modules included.

This is because cvs update doesn't check the server wether or not the
definition for the Zope module has changed. cvs checkout does do this, but
otherwise acts just like update when you already have a checked out copy of
the module.

It does not, however, update the local CVS/Entries file, so any
subdirectories in your checked out version of Zope that weren't there in a
previous definition of the Zope module, will first show up with a question
mark in front of them, then update anyway.... You can add these directories
manually if you must.
My first checkout did not include ZServer for example, but it was later
added, and a since a more recent checkout it always reports '? ZServer',
then 'cvs server: Updating ZServer'...

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer