[Zope-dev] Corrupted database, ZopeHTTPServer won't start

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 11:00:18 +0000

Martin Dougiamas wrote:

> Oh no!
>
> My 1.10.2 Zope server (Redhat 6.0) had to be hard-booted (keyboard lockup)
> and so the Zope server never got a chance to close nicely.

Hm.  This should not matter.

> Now I can't start ZopeHTTPServer at all!   :-(
>
> var/serve.errors contains just this:
(snip)
> DatabaseError: Corrupted data record at 3111549
>
> What can I do?   I need to get that data back.

For starters:

  Make a backup copy of the data files:

     tar czf data.tgz var/Data.*

  (Please send me this tar ball in a private email.)

  Truncate the data file at the indicated position.
  Zope should then start just fine.

If the data file was significantly larger than 3111549
bytes, then you may have some noticable data loss.  If this is
the case, let me know, and I'll recover it for you.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.