[Zope-dev] Looking up objects, calling objects

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 18:26:02 +0200

In my effort to create a simple python cache Product, I need to:

A. Pass the name of a DTML method/document or PythonMethod to the ZCache,
and then turn this into an object I can call from python (e.g. turn the
string "QuickStart.index_html" into a object I can call, while still
preserving security.)

B. Call the above object from python, passing it the appropiate environment
so it can run (_, REQUEST, etc.), that is execute a DTML method in the ZODB,
for example, from inside a python Product.

I'm also wondering about _v_ attributes - when are they flushed?  Is it
possible for them to persist in memory for a while at least, so I can use
one to store the cached method?

--
Itamar - itamars@ibm.net