[Zope-dev] Need help with Products

webman webman@beehive.de
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 00:24:22 +0100 (CET)

hello ross,

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Ross Boylan wrote:

> I am trying to create a User subclass which will hold additional
> information about a user.  Could someone help me get oriented?
> I've been using 3 primary sources of information: the existing poll product
> (as an example), Amos Latteier's recently released "Extending Zope in
> Python" slides, and Zen's "How-To: The (old) Product AP Tutorial."  The
> latter notes it is out of date.  I notice, for example, that the recent
> info has no reference to methods = ... to get the product creation methods
> out to the folders.

you might also want to take a look at mkproduct.
it comes with some documentation, a script and 2 skeletons showing
you the basics of simple items or folderish objects.
we have gotten a lot of positive feedback about it.
definitely beats learning from the poll product.

you can get it here: www.zope.de/software/mkproduct/index_eng_html

it does not cover any zclass stuff though.

regards,

webman

webman                                          |                        _
beehive GmbH                                    | ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
berlin, Germany                                 |  - against HTML email  X
http://www.beehive.de                           |              & vcards / \