[Zope-dev] SQLSession help needed!

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Sun, 21 Nov 99 00:14:30 -0500

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:08:58 +1100, Anthony Baxter wrote:

>> Here is the error I am getting:
>>
>>                  Temporarily Unavailable
>>                  The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable -
>>
>> please try again later.
>>
>> (116) unable to connect, fd=5
>
>This isn't an SQLSession error. I've never seen this at all.

It comes from the pcgi-wrapper program.  It means he could not
establish a connection to ZServer, and contains no further information.
The fd=5 part is just the handle of the sock that pcgi-wrapper was
using and is of no use to you.

>> This is the type of error I have received plenty of times when the SQL
>> statement was incorrect somehow. Just how do you debug this error? I
>> looked at standard_error_html and I do not see this error text. How do
>> you find out which object /line is causing the problem?

Interesting... you see this on any SQL statement error?  Re how to debug,
the only way is to consult any logfiles and/or core files Zope produces.

>It sounds like the PostgreSQL DA is a little bad in it's handling of
>errors - the Oracle, Sybase and Gadfly DAs all produce a decent error
>message.

Perhaps, but Zope should not crash/become incommunicative when
a DA goes wierd.

Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com>    Tau Productions Inc.
Linux/Python/Zope Consultant    http://www.taupro.com