[Zope-dev] ZCatalog search problem with some extended chars

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:48:51 +0100

Hello,

I tested the ZCatalog search feature on text with French extended
characters. I use Zope 2.1b2 on Win NT 4. I set the 'fr' locale in z2.py.
Zope restarted OK.

The results are strange: when words with extended characters are indexed in
Text Fields, some can be found and some can't. (No problems in Keyword Fields).

I think I narrowed it down to the following: some extended characters are
OK and some are not. I enclosed below a list of 'searchable' and
'non-searchable' characters. I suppose there is a pattern but I couldn't
see it.

Did anyone witness similar behavior? Can I do something to fix it?

Cheers.

Alexandre

---------------

(When testing I included the actual character, not its entity
representation. However, I include the entities here for reference because
mailers may not display these characters properly).

Included information :
HTML entity name - Octal code - ANSI code

Are not working on my box
---------------------------------------
À - Octal \300 - ANSI 192
 - Octal \302 - ANSI 194