[Zope-dev] Storing changes in ZODB, without keeping old versions

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:11:57 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> The ZCache Product I created has one major problem - every time it updates
> itself it'll make the ZODB grow, since it stores all the old contents it
> had.  I don't want this to happen - there's no reason why anyone should undo
> a change to the cache.  I do however want the contents of the ZCache to be
> stored on disk when it gets moved out of the Zope cache, so I don't want to
> use volatile variables.
>
> Is there any way to do this?  Or is it impossible?

If you don't want it in memory, and you don't want it in a SQL backend,
you'll need to store the contents in a file in Zope's var directory.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au