[Zope-dev] Copy and paste is not working in custom folder product

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 02:49:19 +0100

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> At 04:17 PM 11/25/99 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip my problem]
> Well, let's start with CopySupport.py.
>
> It'll throw above warning in several cases, but the line number in your
> traceback points to the last case in this method.

Right, I saw that and I looked at that code, but then I felt vague and got
lost. :)

> It first checks if the meta_type of the object copied is addable to the
> target container (it checks for this with all_meta_types). Then it'll check
> if the user has permission to add the copied object to this container.
>
> One of these two checks fails. You can check this code yourself, it's line
> 332 up to 369 of CopySupport.py.

Oddly enough though, it doesn't seem like these checks *should* fail:

* I can add a new object of the same meta_type to that folder, in the
management screen -- so it should be part of all_meta_types

* Because I can do that (logged in as manager) it doesn't seem to be a
security check that fails as well.

Since apparently it has to be one of these two I'll continue my search, but
it certainly is odd. Perhaps it's a matter of strangely configured security.
And I do hack around meta_types a bit so it may be that as well.

Regards,

Martijn