[Zope-dev] RE: ZDOM patches

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:30:07 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

I haven't have a chance to try Amos' patch yet (very busy atm but always
time for email ;) but I'm wondering if there is a developers guide or
something which describes all the acquisition and _/__ attributes and what
they are used for (apart from the source).  I'm guessing that
Element().__ofF__(self) returns the element with an aquisition path
pointing to the object referred to by self??

The errors that prompted me to add aq_aquire and aq_base were in the
following (general situation):

	Create an XML Document -> class XMLManager(XMLDocument)
				  x = XMLManager()
	Create a node --> z = x.createTextNode(data)
	Add new node to ANOTHER node within same Document
		x.appendChild(z)
	Now, if it were not wrapped attribute errors complaining about
	aq_* would be triggered upon accessing attributes of the new node
and aquired methods would also trigger aq_* attribute missing errors.

	I added them to all "creation" methods and it worked properly
henceforth!

	I can paste a full traceback but it is rather large due to
recursive calls I make within the VisualZope system.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder