[Zope-dev] XMLWidget ldemo undeletable.

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:26:48 +0200

At 16:15 19/10/99 , Michel Pelletier wrote:
>Data.fs.in is generated from the database, it does not come with the
>distribution.  It is safe to delete it, it is the index file into the
>database that speeds up load time.  If you delete it, Zope will just
>take a few extra seconds at start time to rebuild it.  I'm not sure if
>the tranalyzer was meant to be pointed at it, it has a very different
>format than Data.fs.  I suspect you would get an error from tranalyzer
>if you pointed it at a perfectly good index file.

I love correcting DC ;)

Data.fs.index is the index file. Data.fs.in is the 'default' database file
that is copied to Data.fs when first installing Zope.

It could be that the Tranalyzer doesn't open the file as a binairy. THis
doesn't make any difference on most UNIX platforms, but it does on Win32.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer