[Zope-dev] ZODB and # of objects

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:00:43 -0400

Are you using substransactions?  If you are using 2.0.x, then you might
not notice any improvement with sub-transactions because of a
deactivation bug that was fixed just after the release (sigh).  If you
use the CVS version and tune your cache agressively, you should be able
to keep the memory below a ceiling for any number of objects.

ZCatalog is pretty agressive about this, not only does it sub-transact
but it also kicks the cache with self._p_jar.cacheFullSweep(1).

>        (The largest number of objects stored in a Zope database would
> be an interesting bit of trivia.)

Theoretically, 2^64.

-Michel