[Zope-dev] XMLRPCMethod product

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:13:49 -0400 (EDT)

Amos Latteier writes:
>No just make the server URL a property of the XMLRPC Method, say
>'xmlrpc_server_url' Then you could set this property on containing Folders.
>This would allow XMLRPC Methods with unset server urls to acquire them.

Hmm... reasonable.

I've spent the afternoon working on this, and have run into several
issues; will report tomorrow if I don't find solutions...

>Great! I like Paul's idea of using standard HTTP headers for this. This
>solution would make it a snap on the client side. Getting Frontier and
>other servers to set the right HTTP headers is another story all together...

Note that this assumes you're always using HTTP as the transport, not
e-mail, a pipe, or some other mechanism, and people are experimenting
with doing it over non-HTTP protocols.

Whatever you do, stamp out abuses, and love those who love you.
    -- Voltaire