[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Barriers to Zope popularity: Part 1:wysiwig editing wysiwig editing

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:49:32 -0400

i concur 100% with martijn. zope is an application server and not a design
tool for web pages. everyone who has seen the code produced by these design
"tools" (first and foremost frontpage, the true tool for dummies) can see
that it's an insult to even the most superficial of html-writers. i am
constantly amazed at how the "convenience" of WYSIWIG in frontpage and other
editors can blow up a little text without formatting into something 10 times
the size choc full of application- and platform-specific "html", if one can
still call it that.

this is something zope should not strive for.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl

Systems Administrator
Washtenaw Development Council

<snippers>
> Zope was designed for Web Application Developers, not designers. The
> documentation follows this design. I actually feel that dummies
> should stay away from Zope. Frontpage is for dummies.
</snippers>