[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Re: Zope hanging (poss. threads-related)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:54:50 -0500

Marcus Collins wrote:

> [...]

Hmm, _I_ was the one making that argument.  I guess I wasn't really urging
everyone to quit posting to the list -- rather, I hoped that the community could
"harvest" the information from the list and massage it into a useful format for
problem solving (e.g., to make it possible to notice connections bewteen pieces
of information which appear on the list at fairly disparate times).  Most of the
pages I put up there to start with wree attempts to categorize types of
problems, and also potential sources of them.

> Wiki is a fine thing, but I noticed now, when www.zope.org was back up, that
> despite having logged in, as soon as I when to the above URL, I was "Guest"
> again, and unable to annotate the discussion... (no "edit" link, etc.) Maybe
> this is a symptom of operator failure?

Perhaps is was a caching issue?  I clicked the link, saw that I was not logged
in, logged in, returned to the page, and had to force a reload to see the "Edit
this page" links.

> For now, however, I'll continue
> CC'ing the zope list, unless you specifically wish it to be shunted to the
> zope-dev list?
>
> Maybe the other zope users have an opinion on this as well?
>
> Thanks for taking the initiative in this regard, thanks to all at DC for the
> ongoing support, and thanks to the list for their reports! Let's all
> continue together towards the solution!

Thanks for posting such detailed information!

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com