[Zope-dev] Compiling Zope with cygwin

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:10:45 -0600

Anthony Pfrunder did some neat work on this a ways back, you might want to
try hunting him down.

Once upon a time, long ago (about eight months, pre 2.0) I had Zope
compiling from sources on my NT box.  Of course I've almost completely
forgotten how I got it to work, but here's the jist of what I did:

I started off with the Python 1.5.2 binary install for windows.  Haven't
tried compiling Python using mingw32 however.

Check out http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html and
follow the instructions there.

After that it was a direct path to building Zope, though I may have had to
do a little trickery to get the Extensions to compile sanely.  If I remember
correctly I simply deleted the code that compiled the extensions in the
build script for Zope and instead used compmgw.py to build the Extensions.

Not much help, I know, but hopefully it will put you a little further down
the path,

John