[Zope-dev] Creating and adding Nodes in the XMLDocuments

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 02:40:46 -0600

Hello Everyone,

Does someone knows XMLDocuments and DOM pretty well. Well then I have a
nut for you to crack:

Short Form:
I am implementing a little message board using XML documents. How can I
create Nodes, so I can add them to the document or are there other ways
to do it?

The Long Form:
For projects I do as living I alway keep all documentation in HTML and
XML. I also have a task list, with dates and status in XML form. Now I
thought it would be a good idea, if co-workers and clients could comment

on some of the task descriptions or write some updates about the tasks.
I thought that it would be great if this could be in the form of a small

Message Board saving all the comments in the same XML file for
completeness.

My XML will look something like this:
(There is actually more XML, but it is irrelevant to this case.)
<task ... >
   <start>...</start>
   <end>...</end>
   <abstract>...</abstract>