[Zope-dev] Factory pollution, scopes, zope hosting

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:20:00 -0000

> I already described a problem of ``factory pollution'' I'm
> facing  ......  I was going to settle for deleting the
> Factories and making some scripts to add all instances
> programatically

This change will have some other undesirable (and possibly unexpected)
consequences. If the user can not create the object using ObjectManager,
then he can not paste them or import them either.

This actually leads to further 'factory pollution'. Many of my objects are
copy/pasteable but not manually createable. I have to create a dummy factory
(with a bogus entry on the list) to pacify ObjectManager.