[Zope-dev] ZEO and MountedStorage: Access DENIED!

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:00:13 -0600

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Pardon the lawnmower man reference, but ZEO and MountedStorage do _not_
> work together. I just tried, so this is just an initial report.
>
> What happens, is htat the local ZEO Client wil try to mount the
> additional .fs-es on the local system, which will fail.

OK,  I know I am replying to myself....

I have been thinking, and I think I have got a good idea. So I figured I
woudl toss it out for commentary.

What we need now is a Mountable ZSS Product. This would be kind of a
MountedStorage meets ZEO breed, where you would specify the ZSS
host/port combo, and it could act like a mounted FileStorage, except it
would talk to a ZSS.

Whaddya think?
Any educated guesses as to the difficulty?

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.