[Zope-dev] ZEO and MountedStorage: Access DENIED!

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:53:27 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:
> I have been thinking, and I think I have got a good idea. So I figured I
> woudl toss it out for commentary.
>
> What we need now is a Mountable ZSS Product. This would be kind of a
> MountedStorage meets ZEO breed, where you would specify the ZSS
> host/port combo, and it could act like a mounted FileStorage, except it
> would talk to a ZSS.
>
> Whaddya think?
> Any educated guesses as to the difficulty?

It would be a simple, intermediate-level project.  MountPoint is a base
class.  You're supposed to provide the implementation of just one
method.  That method is supposed to return a DB object.  So your product
would be just like Anthony's, except it would accept host and port
parameters and return a DB derived from a ClientStorage object.

Shane