[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Optimization and speed

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 22:23:55 +0200

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 01:19:33PM -0700, Stephan Richter wrote:
> ><snip dicussion about large tables>
>
> I take that back in the previous mail to Steve about the large table. We
> have one and I split the header from the rest as you suggested. But since
> it is not streaming the information, it will still pop up all at once.
>
> Any ideas? Steve just send me a file and a method but I do not understand
> what to get from it. I am checking the iste, whether I call RESPONSE.XXX
> somewhere in the middle of the page.

Because of transactions, Zope will build up the whole page before sending
anything, regardless of what the page does. But the fact that clients on thick
pipes don't have any latency problems, I still don't think Zope is to blame.

Once Zope is done, ZServer get's the task of pushing the data to the client,
and it should just be able to incrementily render (if so designed) if this
data trickles over a slow, thin pipe.

--
Martijn Pieters