[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Optimization and speed

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:44:45 +0100

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:19:33 -0700, Stephan Richter <srichter@cbu.edu>
wrote:

>I take that back in the previous mail to Steve about the large table. We
>have one and I split the header from the rest as you suggested. But since
>it is not streaming the information, it will still pop up all at once.

What you describe is true: Zope will not start sending the page until
it is finished calculating. If one bit of your page takes a long time
to calculate then the user will see *nothing* until that is complete.

However, I don't think this limitation is affecting you. You say the
page displays quickly when viewed over DSL - the connection bandwidth
doesnt affect how long the page takes to calculate! A modem user will
receive the first few bytes equally quickly - it just takes them
longer the receive the rest.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com