[Zope-dev] Expanded "access" file (was Re:LoginManagerpatch consideredharmful)harmful)

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:50:26 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 11:09 AM 7/19/00 -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >>
> >> Patch opportunity, perhaps?  :)  Ty and I would do it, no problem.  Heck,
> >> I've been tempted to do it as a LoginManager function, since Zope doesn't
> >> pay attention to anything past the first line of the "access" file...
> >
> >We would be most grateful! :-)
> >

> So are y'all at DC in agreement that this would be a useful feature with no
> pitfalls?  Should we go through the new fishbowl process thing to do this?

Some of the crew are at oscon this week so they'll have to answer when
they get back.  But I am of the opinion that the fishbowl process is
only needed for relatively major changes.  Small modifications can just
be posted, reviewed, and merged.

Shane