[Zope-dev] Expanded "access" file

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:27:23 -0500

At 12:50 PM 7/19/00 -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> [...]
Heck,

>> >We would be most grateful! :-)
>> >

>> So are y'all at DC in agreement that this would be a useful feature with no
>> pitfalls?  Should we go through the new fishbowl process thing to do this?
>
>Some of the crew are at oscon this week so they'll have to answer when
>they get back.  But I am of the opinion that the fishbowl process is
>only needed for relatively major changes.  Small modifications can just
>be posted, reviewed, and merged.

Hm.  I don't think this could be classed as a "minor" change, however,
since it has impact on ownership, for example.  What's the path of the user
folder which is above "/", for example?  The whole thing is useless if
these extra users can't be owners, and the ownership machinery right now
wants an access path.  I think perhaps we should go the fishbowl route on
this, if only to make sure that Jim doesn't have a heart attack when he
gets back.  :)