[Zope-dev] Redirecting from the manage interfaces.

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:19:55 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Why I'm asking is 'cos it'd be really nice not to have to keep
> re-writing UI when there's perfectly good stuff available in the
> management interface, things like add forms, edit forms, etc...
>
> However, if you call these from anywhere else, they dump you in the
> management interface when you're finished rather than going to where you
> want them to.
>
> Any ideas or am I missing the point?

Silly idea: Write a wrapper that you put around the RESPONSE object that
does its own thing when it is told to redirect. You might have to wrap
the REQUEST object too, so that it returns a wrapped RESPONSE object.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer