[Zope-dev] ZODB: interface for walking object graph?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:44:56 -0500 (EST)

Pavlos Christoforou writes:
>On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
>instances in place? Lets suppose there is such a function. What should
>it happen when you do find such an 'unreachable' object. Modify it

You can't find unreachable objects doing a reachability scan starting
from the root, so this doesn't matter.  Transactions are a tricky
problem; if you're trying to modify every instance of C, but someone
else is always modifying a C instance, you'll probably never be able
to commit.  You might have to modify instances in smaller batches and
commit after each batch, then.

    "Aww, c'mon! Where's your sense of fun?"
    "I'm the standard model, Zachary. 'Fun' was optional."
    -- Zot and Peabody, in ZOT! #1