[Zope-dev] RFClarification: Security on Product Attributes

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:27:54 -0400

> If I have the following lines in a Python Product:
>
>     def __init__(self, id):
>         """initialise a new instance of product"""
>         self.id = id
> 	self.title = 'Title!'
>         self.anInt = 0
> 	self.aString = 'testing'
>
> Are these attributes protected by the security machinery?
> If so, how so?

Chris -

I've verified (any of my previous comments to the contrary) that
simple attributes (python types) do not really play in the
permissions machinery. The canonical way to expose such things
for now is to expose them through method calls (which can play
in the permissions scheme).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909