[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] cookies & ie5.5 win

Sebastian Luehnsdorf sfl@beehive.de
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:36:47 +0200 (CEST)

wow, that's a relly ugly bug! did you find a solution? is there a way to
set the timestamp "manually" for a cookie?

ciao, basti

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Terry Kerr wrote:

> I had a problem like this once, and worked out that it was because the system
> time was incorrect in IE somehow.  The time that windows was displaying was
> correct, but that had been manually changed to take in to account day light
> savings which started early in Australia this year due to the olympics.  But for
> some reason internallyIE was using the wrong time, so my cookies were expiring
> as soon as they were set!
>
> Netscape on windows didn't have the same problem...and obviously netscape on
> linux didn't have the problem.
>
> terry
>

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > Sebastian Luehnsdorf wrote:
> > > i'm having a strange problem with cookie based user authentication with
> > > ms internet explorer 5.5 on windows. it seems that the browser (but only
> > > this version and only under windows!) seems to "forget" its cookies, which
> > > results in an immediate logout. does anybody have similar experiences or a
> > > even solution?
> >
> > I've had this problem occasionally with other versions of IE.
> > I wonder whether you're setting the path on cookies correctly?
> >
> > That's all I can think of...
> >
> > Anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Chris

> --
> Terry Kerr (terry@adroit.net)
> Adroit Internet Solutions
> http://www.adroit.net/
> 0414 708 124

sebastian f. luehnsdorf             beehive elektronische medien gmbh
http://basti.beehive.de             http://www.beehive.de
mailto:basti@beehive.de             mailto:service@beehive.de
http://www.zope.de                  fon: (+49 30) 84 78 20
http://www.i-surf.de                fax: (+49 30) 84 78 22 99