[Zope-dev] AttributeProvider and type information

John Eikenberry jae-zdev@kavi.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:42:50 -0700

I just want to ask a couple quick questions...

First, when using the AttributeProvider class you are pretty much required
to subclass it to add methods for altering the values of the attributes.
Basically I want to be sure I'm not missing something criticle as there
don't seem to be any methods on the default dataskin class for this (as
there are for propertysheets)... and it seems like there should be.

Related to this is dealing with typing information like PropertySheets used
(via the _properties attribute). Wouldn't make sense to keep the
AttributeProvider consistent with this... instead of the simple Attributes
list? Seems like the type information and other meta information would as
useful for handling attributes on the dataskin as for propertysheets.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]