[Zope-dev] Render DTML without having it in a Zope object

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 12:01:12 +0200

> I have some HTML/DTML saved in the database and I want to now display it.

What database - something different then data.fs probably?

> But before I display, I need to render the DTML that is contained in the text.
> Can anyone lead my in the right direction; maybe by telling me which file
> handles the rendering and I can read some source code. But of course, it
> would be cool, if I could get a more explained response. BTW, I can call
> the method to render the text from Python or DTML. I really don't care.

You'd have to feed it to
<zopehome>/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_HTML.py and use the String
method, probably. It is not completely clear to me what you try to do.
Is it indirect dtml calling - this could be difficult (your best bet
would be to use an external method methinks). If not, why can't you
include it like any normal DTML Method?

HTH (if only slightly)

Rik