[Zope-dev] Back from the dead & xmlc

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:06:08 GMT

Zope Devers,

THis is going to seem strange coming from someone who hasn't been on the
list in a long time, but I was at the Linux Expo in San Jose, and sat in on
a Web app talk.  Lutris was in charge of the panel, and they talked about
xmlc.  I went to their booth and asked about it. I think it could be the
best way to get hard-core python people to jump on zope's band-wagon, and
stop the dtml frowning.

If you who are in the know about zope have time, please read a quick bit on
what it is.

http://xmlc.enhydra.org

Especially the tutorial:

http://staff.plugged.net.au/dwood/xmlc/index.html

Is there any obvious reason why Zope wouldn't benefit tremendously from
this design and programming separation and pure python boost?

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com