[Zope-dev] HiperDOM & xmlc

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:13:34 -0300

We (I and Hiperlogica, a company I consult with) have been
developing a template renderer with similar intent to xmlc
(be based on XML/DOM, allow the template to be previewed and
edited using tools not aware of the format, such as xHTML
editors, and enforce presentation/logic separation).

As the project is somewhat on hold while we have more pressing
issues, I decided to share the current (rather kludgy)
prototype with the community. It is at
http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/HiperDOM/

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 02:06:08PM +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> Zope Devers,
>
> THis is going to seem strange coming from someone who hasn't been on the
> list in a long time, but I was at the Linux Expo in San Jose, and sat in on
> a Web app talk.  Lutris was in charge of the panel, and they talked about
> xmlc.  I went to their booth and asked about it. I think it could be the
> best way to get hard-core python people to jump on zope's band-wagon, and
> stop the dtml frowning.
>
> If you who are in the know about zope have time, please read a quick bit on
> what it is.
>
> http://xmlc.enhydra.org
>
> Especially the tutorial:
>
> http://staff.plugged.net.au/dwood/xmlc/index.html
>
> Is there any obvious reason why Zope wouldn't benefit tremendously from
> this design and programming separation and pure python boost?

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar