[Zope-dev] HiperDOM & xmlc

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 15:51:35 -0400

lalo@hackandroll.org wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:42:00PM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> > lalo@hackandroll.org wrote:
> > > BTW, please don't call the solution "xHTML Template"; it's not
> > > xHTML, it's generic XML - it can easily be used for RSS or WML
> > > or MathML or NewsML for example.
> >
> > While it *can* be used that way (just as DTML can be used to send mail
> > messages), that's not the real intent of this proposal nor is that the
> > real audience.  Our proposal it focused on letting HTML-oriented people
> > with HTML-oriented tools create compliant stuff for the presentation
> > job.
>
> Why? WML-oriented people with WML-oriented tools would benefit
> from it just as much, for example. (Are there WML-oriented
> tools already?)

What Paul is saying is that we need to make it work for XHTML first.  It
makes it easier to talk about with those less familiar with XML
(especially XML namespaces.)  Then with a very small amount of work we
can expand it to all XML schemas.

(BTW I seem to recall that WML just got replaced by XHTML. :-/ )

Shane