[Zope-dev] Signal 11 restarts

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:32:44 -0400 (EDT)

Folks, I have seen this too, and apparently it is not just Zope. Someone
wrote to me awhile back saying the MySQLdb-0.9.0 would dump core with
Python-2.1.1 when compiled with the new py_malloc code turned on. I was
able to reproduce this but not isolate the problem, except that it
occurred during PyObject_GetItem().

Well, I have had some mysterious Zope restarts as well (which I had
attributed in part to the problem above, as I am using MySQLdb/ZMySQLDA)
and finally decided to track it down. Sure enough, it dies in
PyObject_GetItem() (in this case, called from ExtensionClass). So one
thing to try is turning off py_malloc, if it is on, and see if that cures
the problem. Either there is bug in Python, or something is wrong with our
respective classes (though the MySQLdb one was triggered by pure python
code).

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy