[Zope-dev] ZDOM

Martijn Jacobs mart@eastsite.nl
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:07:51 +0200

Hello,

Last I was playing around while developping a product when I suddenly found
the ZDOM.py, which told me that all ZOPE objects have a DOM implementation of
some sort.

Now I was wondering how important this implementation is going to be in the
future of Zope, In Other Words : Is this DOM implementation going to stay in
Zope and will it be expanded in the future? For example, I like the clean
syntax of self.getParentNode() instead of getattr(self, 'aq_parent', None);

Furtherall is it more easy to learn because the syntax and the meaning of the
functions are already familliar by webdevelopers.

I'm wondering what other developers think of the ZDOM, I just want your
opinion guys :)

martijn jacobs
eastsite