[Zope-dev] ZDOM

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:38:12 +0200

> Now I was wondering how important this implementation is going to be in
the
> future of Zope, In Other Words : Is this DOM implementation going to stay
in
> Zope and will it be expanded in the future? For example, I like the clean
> syntax of self.getParentNode() instead of getattr(self, 'aq_parent',
None);
> I'm wondering what other developers think of the ZDOM, I just want your
> opinion guys :)

I am using selected methods like getParentNode() quite regularly.
Unfortunately the ZDOM is not actively developed on at the moment. AFAIK the
attempts to write a "Zope XML story" have been more or less put on hold
because the current implementations are too slow to be useful. This is more
a problem of XML as such and of the Python XML tools than of Zope though ...

Joachim