[Zope-dev] Oracle Connection and ZSQLMethods

alan runyan runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:36:45 -0500

I have some strange behavior that I can replicate happening on all my boxes
(dev and staging).  Its a huge problem for me.

I am running Zope2.4 w/ DCOracle2 on Windows NT4.0.

on development I installed Oracle Connection in the root
/db_connection
/folder
/folder/sql_stmts
/folder/sql_stmsts/all of my zsqlmethods are here

when I copy Data.fs over to staging, I delete the db_connection and recreate
it with appropriate db_conn string.  but **all** my ZSQLMethods do not
register the newly created db_connection(?) as a available Data source and I
get this when I edit them:
There are no SQL database connections. You need to add a Zope SQL database
connection before you can edit a Zope SQL Method.

but as stated, I've already added my Connection at the root.  I can even
copy/paste it into the folder with the ZSQLMethods, as well as add it from
scratch in the ZSQLMethods folder and still get the same error.  should I
**not** be moving this in a Data.fs?  I am also using Oracle StoredProcs and
they are having the same problem.  the crazy thing is -- I can 'Test' them
and call them and they work.   I also cannot ADD any new ZSQLMethods (no
connections available) on the staging box.

thanks,

~runyaga