[Zope-dev] Oracle Connection and ZSQLMethods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:51:18 +0200 (CEST)

alan runyan writes:
 > I have some strange behavior that I can replicate happening on all my boxes
 > (dev and staging).  Its a huge problem for me.
 >
 > I am running Zope2.4 w/ DCOracle2 on Windows NT4.0.
 >
 > on development I installed Oracle Connection in the root
 > /db_connection
 > /folder
 > /folder/sql_stmts
 > /folder/sql_stmsts/all of my zsqlmethods are here
 >
 > when I copy Data.fs over to staging, I delete the db_connection and recreate
 > it with appropriate db_conn string.  but **all** my ZSQLMethods do not
 > register the newly created db_connection(?) as a available Data source and I
 > get this when I edit them:
 > There are no SQL database connections. You need to add a Zope SQL database
 > connection before you can edit a Zope SQL Method.
ZSQLMethods use "Products.ZSQLMethods.SQL.SQLConnectionIds"
to find the available SQL connections.

This function looks for:

     hasattr(o,'_isAnSQLConnection') and o._isAnSQLConnection
                    and hasattr(o,'id')

Apparently, your DCO2 connection object does not make this
expression true.

You should look at the DCO2 sources to find out why.
Maybe, it did not set "_isAnSQLConnection=1".
Maybe, it no longer defines "id" but only "getId".

Dieter